Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska is an innovative, growing nonprofit providing important contributions to individuals and the communities we serve in Nebraska and western Iowa. All services are free to low-income families and individuals, including representation by experienced attorneys and highly-qualified legal staff.
Make a difference. Apply to Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska.
The JFON-NE Operations Assistant will be responsible for assisting in assigned duties delegated by the Operations and Finance Managers, and will work under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. The Operations Assistant supports the function of the day-to-day affairs of the organization and assists in addressing staff operational needs. Duties will involve performing various administrative functions including but not limited to the support of operations, clerical, accounting, and program functions. The Operations Assistant is responsible for carrying out any other tasks, administrative or otherwise, as directed.
To view full job-post details click here.
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well both in a team-based environment, and independently
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a Human Services related field, preferred
- Previous experience as an assistant, preferred
- Skills in usage of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft software package such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Cultural competence – Ability to work sensitively with people having diverse personalities, lifestyles, cultures, faiths, backgrounds, etc.
- Basic knowledge of immigrant’s rights and/or immigration law a plus
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience
- Please send resume and cover letter, by email to Sanjuanita Jaimes at email@example.com
- Position will remain open until filled; preferred start in June of 2017
The JFON-NE home office is located at 2414 E. Street in Omaha, Nebraska, and the Iowa office is at Centro Latino, 604 Main Street in Council Bluffs, Iowa. JFON-NE legal clinics take place in Omaha, Grand Island and Lexington, Nebraska. Our rural attorneys and legal service providers collaborate with partners to build capacity for community-based immigration legal services in Crete and South Sioux City, Nebraska.
All full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Sick leave
- Snow days
- Paid health insurance
- Optional dental insurance
Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska (JFON-NE) also posts job openings on Careerlink.com