Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska is an innovative, growing nonprofit providing important contributions to individuals and the communities we serve in Nebraska and western Iowa. All services are free to low-income families and individuals, including representation by experienced attorneys and highly-qualified legal staff.
Make a difference. Apply to Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska.
The JFON-NE Immigrant-Focused Medical Legal Partnership (IMLP) Attorney is responsible for the provision of direct legal services to immigrant families who have significant medical needs. The IMLP Attorney will work on cases involving Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) status, asylum/refugee matters, U-visas, T-visas, and family based options among others. The IMLP Attorney position is located in Omaha, Nebraska and will work in coordination with area healthcare providers to promote community education and advocacy of immigrants’ rights.
To view full job-post details click here.
- Must have a J.D. and be admitted, or be willing to seek admission, to practice in Nebraska
- Preferred candidate will have immigration and/or public benefit law experience, as well as experience working in the non-profit sector
- Spanish language proficiency is required
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, take initiative, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work sensitively with clients having diverse personalities, lifestyles, cultures, and faiths
- Strong commitment to public interest legal services
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience
- Please send resume, cover letter, references and a writing sample by email to Mindy Rush Chipman at email@example.com
- Position will remain open until filled; preferred start in May of 2017
The JFON-NE home office is located at 2414 E. Street in Omaha, Nebraska, and the Iowa office is at Centro Latino, 604 Main Street in Council Bluffs, Iowa. JFON-NE legal clinics take place in Omaha, Grand Island and Lexington, Nebraska. Our rural attorneys and legal service providers collaborate with partners to build capacity for community-based immigration legal services in Crete and South Sioux City, Nebraska.
All full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Sick leave
- Snow days
- Paid health insurance
- Optional dental insurance
Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska (JFON-NE) also posts job openings on Careerlink.com