Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska is an innovative, growing nonprofit providing important contributions to individuals and the communities we serve in Nebraska and western Iowa. All services are free to low-income families and individuals, including representation by experienced attorneys and highly-qualified legal staff.
Make a difference. Apply to Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska.
POSITION TITLE: Rural Capacity Building Attorney
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
The JFON-NE Rural Capacity Building (RCB) Attorney is responsible for the provision of direct legal services to immigrant families in underserved rural Nebraska communities. The RCB Attorney will initially focus on providing services in the Lexington, Grand Island, Crete, and/or Columbus communities. JFON-NE’s main office is located in Omaha, NE, but the RCB Attorney’s office may be located elsewhere. The position necessitates travel. The RCB Attorney will work on identifying collaborative community partners to help build capacity for the provision of long-term immigration legal services within the targeted rural communities. The RCB Attorney will also work in coordination with established community partners to promote community education and advocacy of immigrants’ rights to the end of promoting inclusion of the immigrant community. The RCB Attorney position requires periodic and regular travel to targeted rural communities.
Click here for full job post description.
- Must have a J.D. and be admitted, or be willing to seek admission, to practice in Nebraska
- Immigration legal experience, as well as experience working in the non-profit sector, is preferred
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred
- Able to work independently, prioritize, take initiative, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work sensitively with clients having diverse personalities, lifestyles, cultures, and faiths
- Strong commitment to public interest legal services
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience
- Please send resume, cover letter, references, and writing sample by email to Dearra Godinez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position will remain upon until filled
Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska (JFON-NE) also posts job openings on Careerlink.com
The JFON-NE home office is located at 2414 E. Street in Omaha, Nebraska, and the Iowa office is at Centro Latino, 604 Main Street in Council Bluffs, Iowa. JFON-NE legal clinics take place in Omaha, Grand Island and Lexington, Nebraska. Our rural attorneys and legal service providers collaborate with partners to build capacity for community-based immigration legal services in Crete and South Sioux City, Nebraska.
All full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Sick leave
- Snow days
- Paid health insurance
- Optional dental insurance